COP 21 - 21st session of the Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
30 November - 11 December 2015, Paris, France
COP21 will be a crucial round of international climate negotiations with the main objective to endorse a legally binding international climate agreement, under which all Parties would commit to make necessary efforts to keep global warming below 2°C by the end of the century.
DG Research and Innovation, as a member of the European Commission's negotiating task force led by DG CLIMA, will showcase at COP 21 the contribution of research and innovation on climate-related challenges:
- Climate Services: promoting a flourishing market which delivers added value
- Strategic Energy Technology (SET-) Plan
- Decarbonisation pathways: designing the opportunities of the low-carbon economy
- The Arctic: hotspot of climate change, test case for climate innovation
- Earth Observation: making GEOSS a reality
Several side events will be organised in the EU pavilion. More details will be soon published on http://ec.europa.eu/research/environment/index.cfm?pg=events.