Investing in young and promising European professionals in nature conservation
Each year the EUROPARC Federation
, with support from the Alfred Toepfer Stiftung F.V.S., awards three Alfred Toepfer Natural Heritage Scholarships to promising young conservationists, who are committed to working for the benefit of Protected Areas. The aim of the scholarships is to enhance international cooperation and to advance the quality, innovation and European dimension of Protected Area management.
Each scholarship is worth €3.000 and enables successful applicants to undertake a study visit on a particular theme to one or more Protected Areas in a European country. After the trip, the scholars are expected to present the Federation with their findings and a report. These reports are made available to EUROPARC members, as they are full of interesting facts on observation and solutions to common Protected Area management issues.
The scholarships enhance international cooperation and the advancement of quality and innovation, and promote the European dimension of Protected Area management.
Every year themes of study visits are announced by EUROPARC and the application needs to ensure that the studies being proposed will address these themes.
Themes for study tours include:
– Importance of values of Natura 2000 sites and Protected Areas on reducing impacts of climate change
– Implementation of the EU Biodiversity Strategy in the European Protected Areas
– Sustainable development in Protected Areas: contribution to a resource efficient, green and competitive low- carbon economy
– Contribution of Protected Areas to safeguard the European citizens from environment related pressures and risks to health and wellbeing
– Applicants under 35 years
– Persons who are employed by a European Protected Area or a nature conservation institution
– Students and graduates of higher educational institutions, studying an environmentally relevant topic related to Protected Area management
Scholars are selected by the EUROPARC Federation.
For further information and application: http://www.europarc.org/get-involved/awards-2/ats/