Following the success of the previous editions (Antalya (Turkey) in 2010, Avignon (France) in 2011 and Tlemcen (Algeria) in 2013), the 4th Mediterranean Forest Week (IV MFW) will take place in Sant Pau Art Nouveau Site, in Barcelona (Spain) from 17 to 20 March 2015. This fourth edition is entitled: “Improving livelihoods: the role of Mediterranean forest value chains in a green economy.”
Mediterranean Forest Week is a common regional platform for cooperation on Mediterranean forests, aiming at improving the dialogue between the Mediterranean forest research community, policy-makers and the relevant stakeholders as well as at communicating the relevance and challenges affecting Mediterranean forests to the international community and the society at large.
The objectives of the IV Mediterranean Forest Week are the following:
- Build up exchanges and synergies between stakeholders involved in the integrated management of Mediterranean forests and other woodlands
- Follow up on the Tlemcen Declaration and on the implementation of the Strategic Framework on Mediterranean Forests
- Promote innovation, cross-sectoral cooperation and development of the economy (including green economy and bioeconomy) to increase resilience of forested ecosystems
- Involve key stakeholders from related sectors: agriculture, water, energy, biodiversity conservation, tourism, in order to incorporate their expectations
- Strengthen the link between science and decision making to establish a common vision for the future of development and management of Mediterranean forests and woodlands
- Prepare a presentation of the results of the IV MFW for the World Forestry Congress, to be held in Durban in September 2015.
EFIMED is organising a session on “Water & Forests”, in collaboration with Plan Bleu, a session on “Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Industry in Mediterranean Forests”, and a Side event on “Mediterranean Bioeconomy”.
Registration is open until the 2nd March.
and other information